Thursday, July 06, 2006

Who's Dream


Like a grain on the beach, like a star in the sky. Do you ever feel that you have been left behind. Have you ever been out shun by a sibling or even lived in the shadow of some one else’s dream. Working towards their goal.

I was just listening to Ashley Simpson; she has a song out that talks about this subject. I started thinking that its quite surreal, the subject of sibling rivalry, you may not consciously know that its even going on. I mean our parents love us whatever, but we always want to make them proud of us. I personally used to always be the good one, the one who would do the right thing, who got the best school report. Even now, although I have reached a reasonably respectable position career wise, my younger brother seems to have achieved a lot more, financially, emotionally and stability wise is much more settled. I am so happy for him, and insha"Allah" want him to have more great success in everyway possible, but would also like to have the same stability that he has.

He always seems to know what he wants and then works towards achieving it. I on the other hand have a very low concentration span, am artistically more active, and seldom stay with one idea for more than a few months.

Sometimes myself and my cousin have the same topic of conversation which holds the title "what do you strongly believe in, strong enough to fight for" and it seems that we both don’t feel strongly enough about anything, nothing. We both find this kind of unsettling.

Anyhow, do you ever consider how circumstances have changed since you were a student compared to students these days I mean the resources available to my brother compared to me are miles apart. The kind of support and assistance given to my brother by my parents far outweighs anything I was given. No bad feeling their honestly.

You always have to assess where you are according to your circumstances and your options, and opportunities, not to another person. They have surely had many different variables which has allowed or given them structure to where they are.