Monday, December 11, 2006

Last night I couldnt sleep, it was so annoying as I had recently just started sleeping well, and regular. I was dozing on and off whilst having vivid dreams. The strange thing is, most of my dreams come true. Our dreams combine verbal, visual and emotional stimuli into a sometimes broken, nonsensical but often entertaining story line, me personally, its only the bad dreams that come true. It is said that we can sometimes even solve problems in our sleep. Or can we? I have searched the net, and many experts disagree on exactly what the purpose of our dreams might be. Are they strictly random brain impulses, or are our brains actually working through issues from our daily life while we sleep -- as a sort of coping mechanism? Should we even bother to interpret our dreams? Many say yes, that we have a great deal to learn from our dreams.
One of the theories that I liked when I reserached this was of Dr. Freuds, who's theories are based on the idea of repressed longing -- the desires that we aren't able to express in a social setting. Dreams allow the unconscious mind to act out those unacceptable thoughts and disires. How many theories can we beleive. Some say your dreams are the opposite of what you feel or will even happen, eg- death menas birth, marriage divorce, or even vice versa. I guess one way of knowing how you dream, and how much of it is relevant is to keep a journal or diary, write down your dreams everyday and after a while you may see some practices or patterns happening. I guess your dreams have a large part of what you are feeling or thinking when you actually go to sleep.

Recently I ended a friendship that was not really working anymore, it was more of a bother than it was a pleasure. It has basically come to a natural end, and was so for a few months, then I dont know why, but was thinking about h