Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Update...

Abdulla, as per your request, here is your Monkey face with mine. Hope to see you soon in Dubai..
Can you believe it is 2007, well don’t start making resolutions and plans to change or stop smoking, because they always fail, or do they, I have surprisingly surprised myself this year. I made a few little points to change certain things, and have actually stuck by them.

Firstly the exercise, I am now a daily Yoga addict, my brother showed me some new and interesting poses over the New Year period in London, and am practicing daily. Secondly I have Cut Out 85% of my consumption of carbonated drinks.

Then What
I spend 6 hours analyzing my friendships on a plane trip from London to Bahrain during New Years Eve.

I realized that some of the people I know, just take, take, take and take. I am speaking in many terms, energy, financial, favors and so on. They never give back, and you know what I am tired of fitting into their schedules and times, I am no longer going to be saddened by their selfishness, it’s really simple, just politely cut them out of your life. Just be polite and kind, but stop spending time and energy with them.

I know a couple pf people like that, they would drop you easily if a better deal came up, would kill for an invite to a restaurant or any kind of attention. Kind of lost, but I always seem to be the one in the background, well you know what I don’t need that energy, or to be around always till something better comes along, always wasting my money on going out…..

Meeting New people
Meeting new people is healthy; it can be inspiring, challenging and also intriguing. The last few weeks I seemed to of met kind a few new characters through friends and so on, I met a really interesting couple from Bahrain, they are both cousins, Ahmed and Zeina, they studied in the US and both of them travel together, if your reading this, (hey, cant wait to see you both, thanks for the great time we had in London) anyway they have inspired me in so many ways, and have invited me to the US with them in the summer, I am really considering going with them. Its so nice to meet open minded people, not just free people, I mean people with whom you can enjoy a really healthy intellectual conversation, without having to be careful of your next word and so on.

I also met a very nice girl, of course wrong nationality and culture, hopefully will never get the site address and know I am talking about her, but she is real cute, very clever and Mashalla really beautiful.

Anyway like I said earlier, try to stick to your new resolutions, if you didn’t start on Jan 1st, start today, really make a pact to change the things you don’t like, cut out the negative vibes, believe me, you will feel and notice the difference.