Saturday, March 17, 2007

Its all Over Now


One of the songs am listening to now, is entitled All Cried Out, with the chorus being (you took a whole lot of loving for a handful of nothing) it made me sad, because, well I guess we have all had this happen to us.You spend a lot of time, energy or emotion on someone, and receive nothing back. Its sad because sometimes you want the person so bad, that you really loose track of whats normal, or needy, you suddenly become this person, that forgets about him or herself and put the other person first. Then when it has all ended, you overview the situation, and analyse the way in which you were treated, or the way you treated the other, the energy that you had given, its sad. It makes me wonder, can two people love each other the same, well I live with hope, I believe it does happen, but its rare, I feel that one always loves the other more, and sometimes depending on the personalities, this can put one of us off the other, or feel so secure that we explore other options, knowing that our partner will always love us, or we do the latter. Love is such a cliché, it really hurts badly, it makes you yearn. As a friend of mine used to tell me, real love doesn’t hurt, it feels good, as I always say, its better to be lonely and sleep good at night, than to be in a relationship when you go to bed with tears, fears, or anxiety. I always wonder why people stay in relationships that are obviously inactive or just unhealthy, but its deeper than that, I think we all live in hope, hope that the other will one day fall in-love with us, that she will come around, and realize how lucky she is to have me, but sometimes it doesn’t happen. You always have to try on a few shoes before you find the perfect fit, it does however happen sometimes to all of us, that we just try something on and its perfect, well that just sums it all up. I am still looking for the right Mrs. Al-Najjer.

Is love still out there, or is having a companion the new love…

I have seen the good times, I have seen the bad times, been through the wind, the snow and the sand, and guess what I am still here. As they say and I have said in previous blogs, what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.

As some one said to me once. I am sincere, top billing one day and closing the next. I change my ideas daily but I am nearly writing my memoirs, But I am still here.

I read something really interesting in a book last week, it says : If our ex partner continues to do things that annoy us, we must recognize that they are not breaking our heart. That has already happened. This is an important distinction. Unless we recognize this distinction clearly, every time they do something that annoys us, we will feel that they are breaking our heart.

I think I can say without fear of successful contradiction, life is life. Full of happiness, sadness, joy and pain. Allah will never give us something we cannot handle.

I have felt so low the last few weeks, regretting many actions, things,and words I have said. But I think letting go was the best thing I have ever done. Sometimes we carry around an awful lot of unwanted baggage in our lifes. We hold on to anger, sadness, pain, bad memories, and negative thoughts. All of this hangs over us like a dark cloud getting heavier and heavier. Yes we need to feel and go though the motions, I agree, we need to feel them, to cry and release all that energy, but we also have to let go, and embrace new experiences, accept new love, and make new mistakes. Its all part of life. I have honestly held on to some bad experiences far to long and am now starting to off load them, and I do feel better, I really do.

Honestly I am a much lighter now, and hopefully moving on with my life.