Sunday, March 04, 2007

wHAT HAVE you Done


I am not sure what has happened. I am so lost at the moment. Ok, it is not another depressing mail moaning and groaning about life. It’s actually more inspirational than that. I have kind of just finished Hillary Bonham Clinton’s memoirs, and my mind is spinning.

Inspiration is useless unless you use it. Hillary has done so much. Affected so many people, worked on so many humanitarian projects and inspired so many. It really made me sit up and say to myself, what are you doing Omar. I always felt as though I should be doing something that affects people, (in a good way) ha-ha.

I also believe that you can do things that are beneficial to others, or affect people even in small ways. You may not even know. Sometimes by just saying hi to people or asking them how they are, effects them, and, and wait for their answer, many times a day we ask people how they are while passing, but we rarely wait for their reply. Ask them, and look at them.

Hillary spoke in her book, about so many people who had affected her, giving her good and bad advice. I have said so many times, that listening is how you learn. But sometimes I learn from speaking. I actually say things and think to myself, really. I that what I believe in.

I am actually really good at giving “good advice” but really bad at actually doing it. I spurn out all these words of wisdom that I believe in, but never do.