Wednesday, May 03, 2006

How Weird is This


Recently I have been dreaming a lot. I am having the most weirdest, but emotionaly enjoying dreams. What does it all mean. I have had a few very bad dreams in the last few years and all of them have come to life, in some form which kind of scares me. It is said that our dreams combine verbal, visual and emotional stimuli into a sometimes broken, nonsensical but often entertaining story line. We can sometimes even solve problems in our sleep. Many of my friends disagree on exactly what the purpose of our dreams might be. Are they strictly random brain impulses, or are our brains actually working through issues from our daily life while we sleep -- as a sort of coping mechanism? Should we even bother to interpret our dreams? Many say yes, that we have a great deal to learn from our dreams. One friend in particuluar, F...... always used to interpret my dreams, creating a whole scenario from which to look at.

In my most recent dream, which I have had two times, see's me in the role of an important anchor man reporting from a helicopter what seems to be a man living on an island alone, the weird thing is that when I report on the man on the island, I am actually speaking about myself. It is weird and confusing...................

What are your ideas......