Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My affair with Paris


Why do I love Paris so much? I am not sure, it could be the ambience of the city, the language that resembles romance, the architecture- I have always had a love for French renaissance, classical, architecture and furniture. It could be the people, the openness of the self, body and spirit, or just the food. Great clubs and amazing shopping.

If I weren’t European-Arab I would love to be French. I love the way they speak, their language is so romantic, the way the words are pronounced. I enjoy the city, the different districts that offer so many cafes and delicatessens that sell stuffed olives, feta cheese or brie along with fresh crusty bread. The Champs Elysée that can be found busy at 3 am. I also love the nightlife, the array of clubs where you can meet personalities of every sect from all over the planet.

So next time you have a couple of days off, hope on a plane and visit Paris.